April 17, 2014

The JYIG Journey


By Kayla Bright

This has been my second year at JYIG. First of all, I wanna thank everyone who takes their time to set this up for us. Words can't even describe what it means to me. I loved coming here a seeing all the familiar faces from last year. I also loved seeing all the new people come in and making new friends. I can't imagine my life without some of the amazing people I met along my JYIG journey. Last year, I remember coming to JYIG, knowing no one. I had to make all new friends and I know how hard it is, but because of that I am a more sociable person and I am very grateful for that. I also know how nerve racking it is to speak in debate. I remember last year when I spoke in favor of a bill I was shaking. Many people get discouraged because their bill does not pass committees, but always remember things happen for a reason and you are still just as important as the rest of us. We could not pass without you and I would like to thank all of the "superstars" for that. You all really are superstars. I can't  wait to come back next year.  

No comments: