February 13, 2015

#CampaignConnections


Victoria Sorhegui
Greater Naples Delegation
Leading up to State Assembly, some delegates chose to campaign for a Presiding Officer position in order to deepen their envolvement within the program. By acting upon their decision to lead, these candidates go through months and months of planning and campaigning in order to be elected. These delegates in the running strive to be a leader in their respective program areas and follow their three-fold responsibility to the State Program, to their program area, and to their local YMCA delegation.
Along with committing an ample amount of time on speeches and applications, these select delegates also have to think about campaigning. Campaigning is a way of networking that publicizes what each delegate is running for and the passion they have for the program. “The campaign staff is what makes the campaign,” stated current Youth Governor Harrison Vollmer. They help to create a unique and creative viewpoint that will help their delegate to stand out. Delegate Grace Miller, currently in the running for Sullivan Senate President, stated, “This journey for Sullivan Senate President has helped me to expand upon the relationships I have made, and each and every person I have met has taught me something. Not only have I learned the importance of teamwork, but my campaign staff has helped me to realize that I can’t do everything on my own.”
Through campaigning and the relationships that are built through networking, hopefully these potential candidates come out victorious.

No comments: